Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MWeb uncapped ADSL

HHuysamen
Occasional Contributor
Just a side note, Screamer is owened by Telkom. Just a different brand name...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thnaks for that, still ultimately we are bound to the monopoly of Telkom no matter who we get as a service provider. That last mile copper wire is owned and operated by Telkom so for ADSL we have no choice about the physical connection side.
0 Kudos
brnman
Occasional Contributor
Some of the fine print is not applicaple anyomore as the Terms and Conditions of the offering are being reworked and should be available early next week. As it stands now, the offering is truly uncapped but it is "shaped"...that means that during peak times MWEB can restrict/manage the transfer of certain protocols. That means that your downloading (P2P traffic)might not be running at the full 512 Kbps (or whatever) whilst the network is taking strain...but email/internet banking/voip and social media will get priority and should always run at full speed. I'm paying R 250 now for 3-5 G of data a month for 512kpbs...either way I look at it, MWEB's offering is a better deal.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well they really shoulda got the T&C's in place ?? an they do reserve the right to cut off P2P hogs - but they don't spell out what a hog is, admitedly this is international norm ..
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Well, well. Lemme know what you think of wirelessg/gconnect. I still cant connect 23 days after buying broadband pass from wireless G, punted on Moneyweb. Vodacom gives me 2G for R389 over 2 months, Topup with wirelessg/gconnect gives me 1.5G for R389 valid from date of purchase whether they can connect you or not. I guess they smell the traders from miles away.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Lemme know what you think of wirelessg/gconnect. I still cant connect 23 days after buying broadband pass from wireless G, punted on Moneyweb. Vodacom gives me 2G for R389 over 2 months, Topup with wirelessg/gconnect gives me 1.5G for R389 valid for 30 days from date of purchase whether they can connect you or not. I guess they smell the traders from miles away.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Now that's interesting. MTN also gives me 2Gb for exactly the same price and period! I wonder if this is a third party product or if there's some collusion in setting up the price??
0 Kudos