Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mac users help !!

fishlips
Occasional Contributor
Hi Any mac users out there have some advice ,related to viewing technical charts , I have had some issues resolved by using firefox (chrome is a nogo) for java app but still some functions on interactive charts are still missing It also seems to get progressively worse when I update Java Is apple so anti customer that I cant view what every other OS can?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
TonyO
Occasional Contributor
I had some issues but reverted to Safari, updated the Java plug in and I seem to be ok now
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Safari, isn't that like going back to dial up ?? I upgraded to iMac on the weekend and hunting solution (also for ET) .. will post when I find it
0 Kudos
fishlips
Occasional Contributor
I do get the charts on Firefox but I cannot draw trend lines and am unable to save settings Not the end of the world but annoying none the less As for my iPad , don't even go there , surely there is a alternative to running on Java ? or not ? (From my questions you can tell I am no IT expert but not being able to run a App that the whole Interweb can seems redonculous )
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Of late I too cannot draw lines. W a i t i n g for OST to get back to me.
0 Kudos
wetta
Contributor
Why not just install windows on the mac for trading purposes? It solved all my graph problems with mac.
0 Kudos
wetta
Contributor
Why not just install windows on the mac for trading purposes? It solved all my graph problems with mac.
0 Kudos
wetta
Contributor
0 Kudos
wetta
Contributor
0 Kudos