Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Madiba

am_1
Frequent Contributor
Hamba kahle, Madiba. May your spirit bring sensibility and wisdom to all....
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
Preston
Super Contributor
Our loss, heavenly gain. Rest in Peace, Madiba. He is probably doing his favourite dance amongst the angels in Heaven.
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
RIP Madiba. Zuma must be thanking the stars that this event, only hours after another 3 damning reports from the public protector, takes the heath off Zuma completely for the time being. You could be forgiven to suspect that it was planned.
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
Or what I mean is that the timing of the announcement was planned.
0 Kudos
mosismoke
Contributor
My son wrote:"South africa's father has passed on heaven gained a new angel". Indeed. Goodbye
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Madiba saved us from civil war. Great stateman. Not one of the current political leader come even close to him.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Fortunately his party is doing his legacy the necessary justice...
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
shouldn't you be in Australia topgun
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
now, the whole world is here, including three American presidents. Recently,stock exchanges, including NYSE, halted trading for a few minutes. There is not a person in thus entire planet who does not know. I have three portraits, in the hope , that my children, will aspire to such greatness in their life: Lincoln, Gandhi, Mandela.....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I have two portraits, one of Durban and the other of a mutton bunny.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Each generation needs its icons. Mandela is ours. PS - They are in short supply, hence the whole world grabbing onto this one.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
It is to the eternal shame of the Nats that they didn't hand the country to the ANC during the sixties already and allowed the implementation of the freedom charter and the great leader's communist idealsÂ…just imagine of how much more prosperous we would be now! And how much more advanced our infrastructure and education system would have beenÂ…Marxism tends to have these beneficial and benevolent outcomes. The world is full of shining examples.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
(sigh) , did i mention the two portraits?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ah, I was wrong.....we have 4 , not 3, American presidents here in SA.....and just listened to President Obama's tribute..... I think I will put up his portrait also
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Topgun - What a cancerous little man you remain. Is it any wonder that great men like tata will continue to live as beacons in history while those like yourself are ashamedly forgotten and dwindle unceremoniously and rapidly into oblivion. Will it take you the whole of your life to realise that you are your own worst enemy.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
You seem to be unduly intolerant of alternative views and really need to lighten up...we are living in a democracy now which you seemingly despise. I merely stated some facts and obviously hit a nerve. If you have a valid argument to counteract what I have said, I am waiting to hear it. Unless you are somewhat of an economic ignoramus and have none which will explain the ad hominen attack. My kind of moral icon is just not a Marxist that signs off on actions to bomb and maim innocent women and children. But I do understand the deep-seated psychological need of certain personality types to believe in juvenile fairytales which btw will be long forgotten by the time of next yearÂ’s election.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so topgun help me understand .. you wish SA had failed totally ?? odd
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
I say again...May Madiba's spirit bring sensibility and wisdom to all....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Sarcasm...just pointing out the hypocrisy. Fortunately it was prevented which allowed SA to become the most advanced economy in Africa by quite some distance. This provided a superb foundation for taking the country forward after the transition by which time the Washington Consensus had injected some economic sanity into the ANC. (Thus protecting and fostering the great leaderÂ’s iconic status in certain minds). Sadly, although not unexpectedly, this good sense has come to an end as the economy becomes ever more strangled by bureaucratic fiat, incompetence and corruption, setting the stage for ZumaÂ’s so-called second transition...http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-soapbox/economic-growth-in-south-africa--a-20year-review
0 Kudos
guru
Contributor
I didn't think I would take it this hard. I feel a sense of renewed optimism in the country. Zuma must go. yesterday just showed the country is fedup with him. I don't think we are fedeup with the ANC, we are just fedup with the current leadership. Lets face it. People have just had enough but wont necessarily vote for the DA. If the ANC wants to regain its popularity with the people, it needs to make some drastic changes, else people will not vote( I know it sounds insane, but it just shows the deep set distrust people have for majority white parties. We have to change this perception, not by complaining or criticizing, but by actively trying to make a change in peoples lives) We need to capitalize on this renewed optimism and start living the change rather than just talking about it. We need to do something tangible to display our commitment to reconciliation. To be honest deep down inside people of different races don't hate each other. If we did, we would have been at each others throats years ago and there would be chaos in SA. We all want the same things. Lets live by Madiba's principles and make this nation great. we always talk of reconciliation, but reconciliation is not just words, we should practice it and give back.
0 Kudos