Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Major bug?

DawieB
Contributor
I bought a Share Installment this moring for AMS, AMS's price was dropped since yesterday, but when I bought the installment and it finally went through the system bought it at such a high cost I'll never be able to recover it. And I did look, when the buy went through there were offers available at the correct cost! Who can I contact to correct this?? Regards, Dawie
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you could try the call center ?? 0860 121 161 ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an not a bug at all .. you probably did an @market without understanding the risks involved ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, it seems like there is a lot of these types of problems and no way of confirming if there was a system fault or a user fault. Surely there must be some kind of log file somewhere that can be checked to confirm trades? Especially when rolling out new software, the chances of a glitch appearing increases dramatically. I just find it strange that I have read about so many cases on this forum and no one has escalated this. When the system makes a mistake, you can lose a bundle and I promise you I tripple check before placing a buy or sell, but we have no way to confirm that we did not make a mistake when buying or selling. For a system that handles billions in trades, I would think that better transaction logging should be in place.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
of course we log, everything .. an if it is ever our fault we will correct it .. but it isn't ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
to expand, something happens a users doesn't understand the easy out is to blame the system .. same logic as a bad workman blaming their tools ..
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
ouch........go easy or I might have to delete this post
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Won't it make sense if the system dropped somekind of trading log file on your harddrive when you trade. This is the wrong word to use with the high level of fraud that exist, but something like a key and mouse logger that captures your actions for the day?
0 Kudos