Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Making money make sense

zwi
Occasional Contributor
Tell me if you consider yourself a successful trader on shares, how much will you make per month in terms of profit. Say out of a capital of R30,000?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
Very difficult capital amount to start with. Too trade succesfull and follow a risk managed approach with 2percent/6percent rule you need min R100k to start trading (investing is a different discussion altogether). Not impossible to start with 30K but you can look at 15%-30% reasonable growth per year on that if you are a first class trader. Risk is loosing it all very quickly if you dont have the emotional side sorted and have strict rules for your trades....IMO. Rather take the R30K and invest in good stock that will pay divs over time. again IMO
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
IMO success can be measured in many different ways. I would be more concerned that I have good entry and exit points. That is success! How much I make that is a bonus that I live on due to my success of a good strategy. Its about being in the zone, not the money!!
0 Kudos