Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Man, I feel sorry

dimitrius
Regular Contributor
for the directors from steinhoff and cape empowerment trust who have been caught on the wrong side of this market with their large single stock futures positions. What bad timing. Lets hope this thing turns around fast.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
They are no worse off than when they held the shares!! Think man think, Whether SSF or the underlying they would loose the same economic value.......
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
why feel sorry, they are all well off, they should not be puntng the market, and should concentrate on running the business. hope this kick up the backside wakes them up.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
True Picky, true. Johnny, they're losing money with ssf's every time the stock goes down. If they were holding shares instead of the ssf's, they wouldn't have lost anything unless they sold the shares.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And if SHF's Share Price hits 3000 by year end they will be smiling all the way to the Bank.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There is also the issue that they may now be making decions that have short term impacts on the share prices rather than long term growth. I don't like this idea of dirrectors buying SSF. If it were me it would be a way of taking money off the table. I just dont think its good for the small share holder.
0 Kudos