Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Managed to break through the 100 mark

Rohitht
Contributor
Does anyone see this as a positive sign
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Yep, it means it is on my trading radar. I am waiting for a pull back to the 22day ema and then i will assess getting in
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
what do you think the pullback mark will be...R105?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't do rand based targets, i look for visuals. It is all going to depend on how much it rallies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't do rand based targets, i look for visuals. It is all going to depend on how much it rallies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im making a nice profit here, the only problem is should I sell and wait for a correction or just ride it? any TA views?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Wait for a reversal day off 120.....don't try and pick a top ....sell when the market shows you a top. Another option is to sell 50% of your position to lock in profits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I sold 50% at R118-00. Should I 1) sell the balance and sit on cash 2) sell the balance and go short 3) just hold on to it My cost is 105-00 so if theres a pullback it could well go there. Any thoughts? What do the TA experts think?
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I think go with option 3. This share is too risky to short. If it does correct you can always buy more between 105 and 108 level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What did you base your entry of 105 on? Did you just decide this was a great share or did you have a reason to trade it?

TA is on the verge of a pull back but not solid enough to confirm the trend quite yet. Your exist should be based on what you wanted when you got into the trade. If your exit was 115/120 then get out at your target. Don't worry about the extra few rands. Good traders always leave a little extra for the next (appetite for greater risk) trader. When you want to get back in then buy when it gets back to your levels you feel are worth entering again. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bought at 105 coz there was a technical breakout. A close above 114 was very bullish but if the whole market comes down, im sure acl will follow. Im happy with the profit so im selling the balance. This market seems overheated and this could be the start of a correction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sold acl and going short on exx at 84-00. Big resistance at 86 so i'll keep that as a stop loss. Risk is limited. Reward is all the way down to 76-00. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Picked up the EXX short last week but it has been sitting in a narrow band for a few days (8350/8650). No clear signal either way but am stalking a short signal and waiting for the clear sign.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A close below 84 today should confirm the short signal? I've taken my position already. CPS let me know if you see a confirmed signal according to the TA you look at.
0 Kudos