Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MandR dropping like a lead ball!!!

Pots
Contributor
Is something bad happening at M&R. It's dropped over 6% today
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
asylum
Super Contributor
in case you did not notice its damn bad all over not just M&R unless you hold gold.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also Group 5 dropped over 5% and Aveng nealy 5% during intraday. I think many trialing Stop Loss orders at 10% - 15% are triggering at the current prices and that's why this heavy downfall. Anyway I see this dropping as a market noise as far intraday is concern.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Ta Jamjam - Does stop loss trigger even if volumes are low (relatively speaking?)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just an Example: I bought 200 MUR stocks at 9900 cents per share, and I set a trialing Stop Loss at 12%, The triggered price will be 8712 cents (assuming that MUR price does not go over 9900). then MUR share goes down to 8710. In this case Std Bank will automatically sell my 200 MUR stocks at a price of 8712 cents or more when there is a buy order for 200 stocks or more
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
8705 now. Should close tighter today with some form of recovery. Lets see :)
0 Kudos
BIG_40
Occasional Contributor
MUR has been trnding down from its high at the end of Oct. It has broken the 9000 resistance closing at 8675. Im out
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
That was a rubbish call by me.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no worries there copper have had my charts out all week drawing all kinds of trend lines and being smart and all, and at the end of the week im 40K + down, as they say theres nothing like the markets to keep one humble.
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Sylum thank God ur still alive I nearly got ran over by a Bus today just before Auto-close out, signs are there to get out, even when I walk in the park the crows scream and fly off the trees, saying cruuufuurk cruufuuurk
0 Kudos
Trader_Boy
Occasional Contributor
and we bleed some more!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Transnet shelving the huge Bayhead develpment plan , reeks of hey what if JZ gets in and were holding say 50 to 60 billion and ouch.imo
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Nup, feb mate when they go official on the bid for Rio. Might just top up on sum soon.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
interesting times, up 10 yesturday down 4 today, we are in for a rocky time he said fascesiously.
0 Kudos