Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market Closed??

Ninja
Super Contributor
Please can someone advise, no orders are being placed by OST as apperently the JSE is not trading.....yet trades are being reflected on the price streamer. What is the issue, can we place a trade and who is trading right now if OST can't place any trades??
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Not applicable
This is solid Bulls@@t!! How do i trade now??
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
put in ssf order which seems fine???
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I presume OST will guarentee all positions as someone is clearly trading the JSE while we sit here like a bunch of #@%%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They can now wait for my payments on my credit cards, house and everything else...they don't even let us know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah check price streamer ticker!! Cant even place orders on Warrants either
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Due to a technical matter at the JSE, we cannot place orders onto the market. This is affecting some members on the market only. We will advise once the matter is corrected. 09:08
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Simon, ....no one at your call centre can help, there is no update on your website and yet the JSE is moving whilst all of us can't respond?? Please update ASAP!!!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
That is the message on the HOME page.....
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Other brokers can trade. I assume OST will be making good any loss claims?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe they are a bid sad due to their stock price that came down yesterday...I was short on them so maybe it's due to that?????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Come on, im losing out!! Make this thing work!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
as per the message on the home page .. the JSE has a technical problem and SOME brokers are unable to connect, we're one of those who are unable to connect ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Too damn slOW, i already lost about 200K.. FU@K!!
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
It's technical difficulties at the JSE , not OST... PSG also had problems. It seems fine now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, not that it actually affected me personally today but should the JSE not have a ruling that when these things happen all trading is suspended until the technicals are fixed. Some brokers benefitting at the cost of others does not quite play into the sense of humour for those loosing out on trades or trying to lmit losses etc? How would the JSE attend to these types of problems usually? Will they back date (time wise) trades that should/could have go into market were the systems running smoothly?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I agree, all trading should be suspended .. but that is the JSE's call not ours .. as to back dating or something, nope ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Just wondering - would stop-losses have helped here? Are they placed at OST or JSE?
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
You should learn from this and insist that the jse has a backup line to your brokerage
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The way I understand it is if your stops were in before (yesterday or before close of trading yesterday) they will exist on the OST side. Having stops in the JSE could IMO be open to manipulation by institutional traders. So stops would likely not have helped you as the data has to feen into OST to trigger a stop...maybe I am wrong?
0 Kudos