Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market Correction

RiskitBiscuit
Occasional Contributor
Hi All, What is your feeling/ opinion about a possible Market Correction being on the way? I've only been trading for a short time and I haven't done too bad at all, but I'm weary of investing now due to fears about this, please advise...
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
100% possibility .. but when ?? you could die waiting ..
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
some have the correction starting at 41400
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an others at 41170 ??
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
a move through 170 today or early tomorrow will be confirmation
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
a move through 170 today or early tomorrow will be confirmation
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
on the 15 minute ALSI chart, we had the correction already from 41389...we now looking to get back to 41400...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
anyway, RiskBiscut, wellcome to the forum, you in the right place, just beware the trolls...
0 Kudos
RiskitBiscuit
Occasional Contributor
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
nice one Simon, lets not start some thing, or same thing all over again...
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Just remember, the bulls are always stronger than you think, in other words the market will keep on going up past logic, and bears.....they are short and furious, so when the market correct, it will be fast, no market corrects itself gradually, but then remember never be afraid or greedy !!!!ha ha
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
Right - U will notice we are there!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bentley, surely it best to be neither bearish nor bullish .. surely best to trade whatever the price tells you be it up or down ??
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
yes absolutely - who was suggesting anything else?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the statement above with the we in it
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
It was merely a statement that we (i.e. the market) have hit a certain level. I may or may not open the way for further downside.
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
Bentley, with all due respect, you alone will neither open the upside nor the downside ... I'm with Simon here, whatever the price says, that is what we trade
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
Gamma that was a typo - it was meant to read "It" - referring to the market
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Bulls take the stairs up, Bears jump from the windows. Trying to call tops imo is luck, trade the trend, the trend is your friend.
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
quite right. But the trend is your friend till the bend in the end. As you saw yesterday into the close that bend can be very profitable.
0 Kudos