Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market Reaction

Not applicable
does the market react to strikes like the one to be held by cosatu tomorrow? and if it turns violent like the security strike? just wondering if I should be cautious or continue to ride the bull like theres no tomorrow?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
just respond to price movement. Don't try and figure out how the market will react.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I think youre more likely to see the market react if they get the 12% increases the unions are looking at?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
anyways isn't the stike next friday?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Strikes get more attention when they are sector specific - like when Implats was hit by a wildcat strike a few months ago. Reckon with civil servants, won't be much of a factor. I don't figure key services like transport will be affected, which is what the market will be most worried about. Now, where's me red t-shirt..
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
My question is how are we going to know if the civil servants actually go on strike ? Will there be long queues, poor service delivery, non delivery of promises, etc ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos