Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market correction - min. 20% TOP40

DEP
Super Contributor
The signs are everywhere. The greatest sign is market complacency. Markets has forgoten what a correction looks like.
0 Kudos
99 REPLIES 99
DEP
Super Contributor
... market just waiting for the trigger. And the trigger will come from no other than the "Market goddess" - The Fed Reserve. The Fed created this global bubble and they will accidentally pop it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what - you have secret access to a fed bubble busting action that is going to be made soon? Something the global market place doesn't have?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
DEP , this a quote from 2yrs back....still the same....: Topic Last post Action Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:New Mayan era......... by DEP on 03 Jan 08:35 Here is the full quote: "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice." 03 Jan 08:35 [Reply] [Zoom Out] Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:New Mayan era......... by Rams on 03 Jan 09:08 only fools listen to advice, wise men listen to the market Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:New Mayan era......... by Preston on 03 Jan 10:42 And Rams listening to calls .....hahaha
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
eisch, DEP we'd forgotten what you look like mom .. you are 100% right, we'll have a correction, but the timing, that be unknown ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an if we close green today, I'll be long ALSI again .. coz I have no idea where the market is going, but I know how to trade my system
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... good Im glad you took note of that quote. Its a biblical quote. :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish, Simon. "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near"
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
yeah, right. There are those that follow the herd without questioning where the herd is going and why. :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
yeah, right. There are those that follow the herd without questioning where the herd is going and why. :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Where do you think all the money is coming from thats pumping global markets up? Just ask BIS (Bank of Int. Settlements)and youwill get the bigger picture.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Well, no offense and all but I would rather follow Simon on this one... Herd or not, his system has a proven track record and come EOD green, I will be long on the ALSI...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no idea where the herd is going, not really interested either .. I just trade the price

DEP as I said, you're right we will have a correction (105, 20%,30%, heck maybe 50%) .. but what I have learnt since my first market crash in 1987 (and it been a long slow lesson) is not to worry about it .. it'll come, everybody will be surprised except for those who say I told you so .. and they did, repeatedly, all the way during the bull market ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
yeah, short term markets can run on "Hot Steam" but medium to long term markets align to fundamentals. We outside fundamentals at the moment. You a clever boy -- just look at global and international ratios.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I recall over the years that people always try to call the markets when its making new highs, I am not saying it will not correct, but I have spoken to people since January that believed this was the case... I just think one shouldn't sellout while the run is strong, this way you will loose out... Well my strategy doesn't do this atleast... I like Simon's view, while the system shows you should be in the market, you should be in...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yes, a correction is looming, we all know that. I must say, I also believed the time was right for this to happen, but who knows where all that $ billion and billions that the Fed is printing will end up. Some will most definately end up on our market, and that could take us to hights no one ever imagined possible. Yes, it will end up in tears eventually, but timing that could be more costly then just going with the flow + some risk protection. Currently the bulls are in command, and it looks like we'll be seeing new highs pretty soon. I'm tired of wondering how the US will pay their debt. The short answer is I think they won't ever repay it. The system is rigged in their favour and they will continue to manipulate it to their advantage for many, many years to come. No use figting this system. Rather make money off it while you can, and abandon it when the your risk protection triggers. Remember that after a correction what billions and billions of $ will look for a new home, and they will recover that correction sooner that you can spell it. The world is $ flush. It's an unhealthy situation, but so be it.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
That wont work for me... I cant blindly get into stocks just because of momentum. I have even change my RA portfolios from various equities to stable / cautious funds - something I have never done in the past 13 years. Thats me - and the less people agree with me the better - i guess that makes me a contrarian investor :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
You sum it up very well: "The world is $ flush. It's an unhealthy situation"
0 Kudos