Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market correction - min. 20% TOP40

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
expected as bad a word, I with skaap, who cares about Argentina ?!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, in the days gone by we would have worried about them - because of the 'Emerging Market Contagion' phenomenon (remember that one from the nineties?). Those were the days when all emerging markets got painted with the same brush. But markets are way more sophisticated now.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, lets agree the DOW wiped all gains for the year last nite becos of Argentina...I am still long the ALSI daily and weekly and now 15 minute...i trade charts , not news...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no I don't agree that "DOW wiped all gains for the year last nite becos of Argentina" .. I would agree that "DOW wiped all gains for the year last nite" ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Eish Simon, are you in a bad mood today,,more coffee perhaps?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no it is the difference between fact and opinion .. one is true the other is useless ..
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Ok Rams lets make a deal. You tell me when to buy and sell the Alsi and I will give you 75% of my profits, Off course you take the losses.Let me know if you want my contact details.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, you want my help,so on my terms: if you take all the losses, you can keep 100% of the profits...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but seriously, the 7/21 system gives the buy and sell on any time frame for ALSI...if you get the money management and discipline right,you be fine
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
How markets can move quickly?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think we are just seeing a dead cat bounce today.The daily charts are generally oversold causing this relief rally but the weekly and monthly charts are pointing to more downside in my view.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Do have a position open at the moment?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i dis-agree...though there were other issues,i still think last weeks response was a knee jerk response to Argentina, and Argentina i agree not a big player, so we going nowhere for a little longer...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I just think that because alsh,topi,dj-ind,sp500, have all broken fairly strong supports and are just bouncing back towards that level (now resistance). If they don't break through they could all come down quite sharply again. Also the negative divergences on the weekly and monthly charts.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the fact that they came back means we going sideways for some time ...its there on the chart: range bound about 45000-47000(TOP 40 daily)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Could the Dow be in danger of breaching its 200 days Moving Average (16334)? The Dow has touch and bounce off its 200 days MA twice in the past year. However, the S&P 500 still looks safe from its 200 Days MA (1860)for now.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And ALSI touches 200 EMA around 42000
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Really Rams... then you better hold on until 42 000.
0 Kudos