Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market correction.

barry_1
Super Contributor
IN MY OPINION ONLY ,somewhat over done,for shares especially running up to their declaration dates in the near term.I now hold 63% in CASH and ABT,RDF,ALGSTA and ZED instead of my usual eight to ten shares.Naomi holds 60% CASH and ABT,RDF,AGLSTA,GDF.Stop losses under 10% on all shares.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
With the platinum price stable and gold trading within a tight range and the Rand weakening,we should do very well as to divs received not that this will effect AGL at this stage as the exchange rate has been fixed already for this payment.How ever they are likely to slough off more ill-fitting parts and the next interim declaration(sx months hence) will probably see a return of capital as well as the dividend ....LONMIN is now likely to be the mine that makes the running for plats...although AMS might recover before FridayOMO....ABT has a number of suitors out there and i buy more at every weakness.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i.e. AMS might recover before NEXT Friday(9Mar) its LDT date.sorry!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What about GND? Think she will post recovery before next friday too?
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
What's the story on IMP - R200 a good price to go in on today.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hello,my stop-losses took me out at a good profit,really only my opinion,but i think it is unlikely to be worth the trouble to get in again for capital gain ,unless of course u want the dividend.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Should run up nicely.OMHO!
0 Kudos