Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market crahes

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
“More money has been lost trying to anticipate and protect from corrections than actually in them.” Peter Lynch
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well,for what it is worth - I have 2% portfolio risk in ANG and a further 2% in SGL. SGL is nicely in the money, ANG is kinda flat. My rationale is that gold is basically selling off - in dollar and rand terms, but these stocks aren't budging. My favourite kind of trade this - I think someone once called it a 'hounds of baskerville' trade - when you would expect a stock to do one thing, but it doesn't. So I would have expected gold miners to sell off, given weakness in the gold price - they didn't, so if gold swings up again (and looks like it happening), we can expect a big big move in the miners. If I am wrong, I will lose 4%, if I am right - I will make around 12-15%. Simple as that
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Y, I am out of all of those SGL - have GFI though. Trade in and out so these things are way cheaper than free by now. Can't hurt. Took a couple of m of VIL on the basis that it is absurdly cheap. Binary - either I make many x my money or I lose half.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
eish - not cool. Holding on though ...
0 Kudos