Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market moving events

Not applicable
The following will be a big market mover if there if the figures come in different to consensus - the middle figure is concencus....this will be at 16h30 local time May 04 08:30 Nonfarm Payrolls Apr 115K 100K 180k May 04 08:30 Unemployment Rate Apr 4.5% 4.5% 4.4% May 04 08:30 Hourly Earnings Apr 0.4% 0.3% 0.3% May 04 08:30 Average Workweek Apr 33.8 33.8 33.9
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
What do the analysts predict?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
depends which one you listen to....I never listen to what they say...just watch the market and see how it reacts ....remember the one two three move... for such events...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they predict the consensus. This is a classic "trade the price" moment. Don't try and decide what the data will be and enter in advance, because your view will be clouded by your overall bias. So we wait for the data and respond to what happens (if anything).
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What is the difference between the first and the second figure? eg. 115 and 100 for the payrolls.Why not just have the consensus?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the first is what briefing.com expects, the second what the market expects and the third the previous number.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the first is the source which I got this from's estimate, the last is the previous actual....to answer your question cause I am to lazy to remove them and I dont get paid to do this...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I'm also looking at those figures at http://www.fxcm.com/ and I must say they differ fair bit sometimes.
0 Kudos
B_man
Occasional Contributor
Also have a look at http://www.forexfactory.com/ where is also an explanation of all the news events for the day and there possible impact.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
chartist, did you ever discuss the 1 2 3 in more detail? last i saw sometime last week you mentioned you were waiting for a "realtime" example you were going to use to illustrate. or something to that effect. did i miss the eventual post?
0 Kudos