Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market not happy with them

Taurus
Super Contributor
Hi guys... seems the market is not to happy with these results, yet they post a 5,6c difident????
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Taurus
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i think its more the fact that its only a 1.1c div, the rest is basically them giving you some of your money back thereby bringing down the value of the share. its like buying MTN at R100 and they give you back R20 in the form of a distribution. your shares arent going to stay at R100. It all comes down to ISA not really knowing what to do with its large cash reserves with no indications of expansion. Im sticking with it though as I feel its a fairly safe share and should tick over nicely as time goes by. Gonna see how its doing in 6months - 1 year
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
where is the growth??? other than the divi, the share has little attraction, hence the market's muted response. Sell and buy something more exciting eg. SBG, CAE (on a pullback), ADW. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agreed topgun but If I can get 20% plus growth out of a share as well as a 5% + div over a year then Im satisfied. that said... do i think ISA will be worth 80c in a years time as well as giving at least 5% tax free div. ... absolutely... beats the hell out of my money market account.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks guys but it still dosnt make sence..i get R5000,00 on my R68 000,00 invested...that is a flippen good return!!
0 Kudos