Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market turn arround

Kaapenaar
New Contributor
I think the market is some 500 points to high with the other markets. Do you think there will be another correction?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why do you think this ???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There's always corrections.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, why now why 500 pts ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly on the verge as the DOW broke through 10500 last night.. and much more to come before it goes down imo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Guys. I was saying in general no market can go up in a straight line as we all know. At some stage a correction will come, i didn't say now or when. Looks like the market is very much holding up well. Snap1 - how about the thought of shorting some MTN? Do you think it will reach 128 - 132?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey man, I went long yesterday morning again... I saw it break 119 on Friday and then it had a great jump on Fridays close. Yesterday it didn't have a great day but then the whole market had a ***** day so hard to tell. I sold out Harmony on Friday because it wasn't turning upwards and it looked like a good call since the rand has strengthened how is AMS doing? I see excellent results yesterday! The construction sector is looking so tempting imo. Back to MTN -> I think it broke above big resistance last week and yes it is definately following the main market and 123-126 is in sight imo. I see DOW break above 105 last night and should break through 106 day meaning we in a full bullish trend and make new highs. What do you see? I wouldn't short yet because it has had a great month MTN up around 18%.... I'm holding for a day or 2 and will see what comes out of it
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
28800 is the pivotal point on the Alsi. Until then this strength could continue.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good idea. Ya i closed my AMS position. I really like to see MTN pulling back a bit before entering long again. My gut feel tells me it's going for the 120's. Great month it had and yes i think it's going further up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stephan , , , MTN just hit 120 and the chart looks set for higher highs now. Are you going to get back in?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx - i think i must jump back in.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
watch the 117ish support..should hold though
0 Kudos