Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Market

divz
Super Contributor
who gets the feeling we sitting on a knifes edge in this market feels like we could go either way just need something to trigger it OMO
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Wizard
Super Contributor
It's 1:1 GreatCaller vs The Lazy Followers. and the Great one is mowing the loan inside the territory of the Lazy!!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
man im sitting watching the intraday, it like watching paint dry. every rally is cut short after 3minutes. waiting for AGL and SOL to kickoff
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Normally in October the Bears are feeding heavily so they can enjoy their peaceful sleep during winter. If they don't feed now they will die !! :(
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
lol and I thought they went fishing
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
The Dow will not rally past the 10,000 mark without first having a 10% pullback......the time is almost here, tighten your stops.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Or, you know...maybe it'll plunge screaming into the October pit of doom. Ever hopeful, am I :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am actually bearish on Sasol and AGL, I went short on AGL yesterday in fact, 1. The major primary uptrend has broken below R240 2. Sellers(DI-) are still dominating buyers(DI+) (ADX) 3. MACD is downward sloping, 4, MALong MA(20) crossed over short MA(5) 5. According to Fibs, the price should retrace back to around the R231 level before any substantial decision is to be made. Today the price succumbed to the 50% retracement line. 6. Volume has been decreasing everyday confirming with the OBV level being far below the price. 7. RSI is also showing a negative sell divergence.. so according to my system it seems to be quite a nice stock to short.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I agree Timon....I see a pull back to 220 before any further upside....of course if the dow drags the JSE down it could falla lot further.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Sasol will not fall that low again...keep wishing. Rand is losing ground, should see further strength coming soon after a minor correction to 265 level
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
My comments referred to AGL, not SOL.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
My apologies Ninja...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
GreatCaller 2 The Lazy Followers 1! All time Great really hitting hard now after a dissapointing start
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
LOL wizard ya i had a feeling something was coming fortunately i geussed right and had a few shorts in place. Think some more pain today. Great Caller will be warming this platform soon with his victory dance
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err folks .. tis not about being right .. even broken clocks are right twice a day .. it is about being right at the right time ??
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Your system is a broken clock Simon. It really works well.u can introduce it to an Alien and he will make money as well. However understanding the market dynamics can provide u with greater returns and that is where GreatCaller has an advantage. Understanding market dynamics requires a lot of experience and knowledge of the market.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you say "understanding the market dynamics can provide u with greater returns" .. I disagree 100% with that statement .. and so do you by your statement that even an alien can trade the system .. there is zero proof that understanding what's driving the makret makes more money (as proved by a random entry system making money), and further - you can not know everythign that is drivign the market nor how it will drive it ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Your system is foolproof because it's based on a statistical approach and it requires no logic when trading it. Yes there is zero proof that understanding what drives the market can make u more money since IT IS NOT MEASURABLE. But that is where LOGIC takes over and the people with few brain cells will know that the likely outcomes of certain scenarios are improbable.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
likely outcomes of certain scenarios are improbable .. maybe, not convinced .. what you are sayign is that smart people will make the money .. yet LTCM had 4 nobel winners, an went bust almost taking the banking system with it ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Not everyone will succeed ...! Here at my daily job for which I'm qualified for I can do the job more efficiently than those that just got High School. Same principle apply! I also make mistakes sometimes. but I do produce more because I know the dynamics of the work place.
0 Kudos