Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Markets will be up today

hs
Regular Contributor
Markets will be up today.
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
Preston
Super Contributor
I really love proactive people. Hope you are right..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The problem is that you said the same on Friday, and the market was down considerably.
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
Just panic selling. Markets have reached their bottom and will propel upwards.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think I'll stay on the sidelines this week. What with rate announcements coming up, etc, there are likely to be more ups and downs than your friendly neighbourhood brothel on a Friday afteroon.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
hs if you keep repeating it long enough at some point you will be right.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
up? in relation to what?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice call. *Snigger*
One day soon you'll be able to say "I told you so", keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
hs market has not reached the bottom just next support level which was around 25985 of which i posted about a week ago saying that we could reach that level sooner rather than later.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
super, lol. cept not much different from your calls of bear turf and you now saying "told you so".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Poo Simon. Sure, I've been crying overbought for some time now, but I refer you now to my reply dated 10 Jan 2007 (The exact day of the begining of the end): "We will close today below the support line of the upward channel dating back to 2006. Extreme caution would be prudent." followed by, "25091, 23419, 22416"...
23419 being todays support. Spooky in't it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, if this is the end then it started in October with the highs. An yes you did spend a logn time calling bear, you know the story abotu the broken watch?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No, but I know one that goes "Simon says"
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Big head and shoulders formed on dow, much more downside in coming weeks,but we might bounce a few times along the way.Remember we did not have a correction last sept/oct , so this one would be severe as it was postponed so long.like 1957 and 1987.see www. gold-eagle.com , tech analysis section for decent free analysis.brian bloom was correct almost always.the shanghai bubble must still burst, my friends
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
simon says was boring, way better was along the lines of everything I draw came true.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
hs - I think your finger is stuck on the key board (u were badely wrong on Friday as well) - mate!
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Yeah - it's called a "dead cat" bounce ...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
SImon ,leave me master alone. If me master says it is a bull market , then it is!!
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
What I say should be the opposite.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
i think a person needs to look at the negative sentiment around the economy at the moment. power outages make everything look bleak. people are on the run. you won't believe how many people have told me this is the last straw and are leaving for greener pastures. i dont' blame them, because just about anywhere else now (except for zimbabwe) is greener at this time. i admire those of you who always remain positive, but quite frankly i am now also gatvol. if you think of climbing in now, i'd say you're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. wait till it bottoms out completely, i think were heading for a crash. my 2c worth of an opinion. take it, use it, ignore it if you wish.
0 Kudos