Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Markets

CE
Super Contributor
I'm not getting it. To much confusion lately. World markets fall to pieces because of the American housing situation but the DOW is up. SIM is suppose to be at R12 but trade at R5-40. There are now work in Knysna, but B & G buy dubble story houses. GFI - only one which live up to expectations. Wanna know why I am closing my account ? (which SFM can not do until Hanz remove those forking dead bodies !!)
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
john_1
Super Contributor
Whats your point! who says there are any absolutes except GFI Being a dog.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
My point Johny boy ? I have absolutely no idea, that is where the "confusion" part comes in ! Did not know you had anything against dogs bro.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
just hanz!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Ok, explain this one then, where did B & G get the money to buy parafin to clean the floors ?
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
At least it shows that CE reads all the different posts in the forum. He is well informed and up to date with all the doings and the screwings of the Ewings.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
CE, raad vir jou. Hierdie is die tyd om meer as 50% *****ant te hê, met dit wat jy hou nie "geared" instrumente nie, maar goeie aandele, en dan vat jy jou 4X4 na 'n ver plek met geen TV en geen selfoon vir omtrent 2 weke.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Verseker Skala, hoe laaik die die sensor besigheid op die forum, afrikaans vir cash is lyk my 'n vloekwoord !!!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ag, ek lag maar vir die ouens. Ek wag om in AMS en JBL in te klim, dus is die vermaak welkom.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Is dit ek of is almal op lunch ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi CE. I have been researching the market for 1 hour per day for the past 3 years. I have made more money than I have lost, but including my time, I have lost money. Plus the worry (at the moment). Plus the fact that every cent I have put into my own business has returned 10x the investment within 2 years. And I can spend that one hour a day working on my business or private life or whatever. Perhaps I am lucky to have my own business; and I know exactly what is happening with it! Even with my research, the markets aren't behaving the way the experts say its meant to (I know this never happens, but even if they are 75% accurate I am happy). I note that the few experts on this forum are either entirely in cash or almost entirely in cash. I don't know what will happen when the USDX goes below 80. I don't know what happens when the Chinese bubble bursts. I don't know what happens when the Japanese/US interest rate spreads start closing. I know what's supposed to happen, but in the past month all these experts have been proved wrong and in fact one of them said in his monthly newsletter which I pay for that even he doesn't know what will happen anymore.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chinese handwriting confuses me, but it's at times like these that I remember that I like cheese. Nothing confusing about gouda, cheddar or camembert. Don't mention it.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I don't care what anybody say, this is not easy. I understand now what people mean when they say you can be wipped out a few times. There is no other way but to go by "trial and error", only way to learn. I am old and stupid / wise enough to realize that I have to back off, re think what and how I want to do it and come back with a totally different attetude / strategy. It is stupid to carry on with the same "attetude, plan, strategy or what ever one wants to call it. Must say, I am in e-mail contact with Chartist and his willingness to help is amaizing and I respect his knowlage. (no Brazen, I am not going to get a room)I still have my equity account that I have for the last 15 odd years, I'm talking instuments which I started trading since December 06.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
CE. I am being learning my own lesson about this market. I am actually happy that i am exposured to this market. If i entered when the bull market was really active. i would have develop a false sense of arrogance /confident only to make errors/mistake at a later stage. So after this baptism of fire is over (Brazen), all impurities will be gone and the gold within me will shine.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I think Brazin is gonna klap us when she recover from that parafin attack and chow a few smarties for strength.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
CE you are absolutly right. The best investment you can make is in yourself and your business. you have my email drop me a line now and again. one last thing there are no experts in this field or on this forum, just those who make a noise and those that don't.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sure J. I have a new PC, please give it to me again. Experts, sure, what I am saying (and you also did) was that Chartist bring a lot to this forum, interesting stuff indeed. (maybe the 3 of us can get a room - what you think Brazin ?)
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
JUST JOKING !!!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Prehaps it is tiime for you to leave.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
...totaly out of proportion