Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Massive Trades

Sycorion
Contributor
I see the last few transactions yesterday were massive trades. Are big guys starting to buy because we are getting ready for a bit of a bounce up?
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or some big guys wanting to sell before the next leg down ?? volume works both ways ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Took a bite size of this. Knocked down way too much in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Sycorion
Contributor
I saw some great support at 1000c yesterday and started buying... and then of course today again... free fall... At least this rollercoaster ride has given us a few very "exciting" days :-)
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
That was Threshold scooping up the lot.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My stop loss on this is fixed, and I won't risk too much on this, but it does seem that opportunity is knocking.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
By the way, this thing is trading at almost half of what it traded at when it reached a high on 16 Feb. The $ value gold price lost about 12% in the same period, and Rand depreciation countered even some of that, so the sell down was excessive. I'll sell into a dead cat bounce if we get one, but bounce it will.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'm in enough pain as it is. BUT yes - I treated R10 as a psychological support level. In fairness though - I bought these things out of the FGL proceeds - so they were free.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've just done the same at 930c
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
kill them (losses) before they grow Bob Marley (I shot the sheriff)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Threshold, have you even read this company's results? Qty mined - down. Cash costs per ounce - up. Capital Expenditure (they stuff they pay just to enable the miner to reach the ton of rock he has to dig to get the 2 ounces of gold) - up. All in all, by their own admission - they need gold to sit at $1360 per ounce just to break even - and that is on last years prognosis, with downward yield trends and upward capital expenditure and upward trending costs. SGL will post a loss next year, mark my words here.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Skaaptjop - have you read these results and ALL of the other miners? They have had their shafts closed due to labour etc etc. Their total cost needs to be divided by their normalised yield to give a meaningful figure. Their capital cost includes expansion of seams etc. Since the market analysts, in their wisdom, have chosen to value this on yield it is not relevant. You need to look at heir normalised cash cost per ounce which is about $950. The international industry all-in cash cost sits at around $1350 per ounce. AS always: look at the cash flow! The real risk here is about "normalising" operations and actually getting the 1,8 million ounces out in order to absorb overheads. Then there is the ultimate question: "What is your call on the Rand Gold Price?" Gold miners are HIGH RISK! You need a little excitement in life sometimes.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Skaaptjop - have you read these results and ALL of the other miners? They have had their shafts closed due to labour etc etc. Their total cost needs to be divided by their normalised yield to give a meaningful figure. Their capital cost includes expansion of seams etc. Since the market analysts, in their wisdom, have chosen to value this on yield it is not relevant. You need to look at heir normalised cash cost per ounce which is about $950. The international industry all-in cash cost sits at around $1350 per ounce. AS always: look at the cash flow! The real risk here is about "normalising" operations and actually getting the 1,8 million ounces out in order to absorb overheads. Then there is the ultimate question: "What is your call on the Rand Gold Price?" Gold miners are HIGH RISK! You need a little excitement in life sometimes.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
All gold miners are bad "investments. They are a bet on the gold price. So - yes - I am breaking my rule of only trading those companies that I wish to invest in... and in the past this has tended to end in tears.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
then "unbreak" your rule by closing the position that causes you to "break" your rule
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Never. Not until I am bleeding from the ears.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an you will send pic when that happens
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
careful not to join VI
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I don't know... I will probably have more important things to at that point - like visiting Morningside Clinic!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Pardon my ignorance but:- VI?
0 Kudos