Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Massive Trades

sponono
Super Contributor
Virilius Imperator was trading ANG on the long side with no stop loss. If I recall his first buy was R330, then R320, then R300. Should be down almost 50%. There's no limit to how low a stock will sink
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Fortunately there is - zero. Things like PAMODZI GOLD and 1TIME spring to mind. Eventually the suffering always ends.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, imagine how much the pain would be then if you kept cost averaging down. That is a loootttt of 50% discounts that you would buy at! If you are trading, fine, but then get out when the trade doesn't go your way - hallmark of trading. And there are almost no trading systems out there that advocate cost averaging down. If you are investing, will this is a moot point, because, well, they are a bad investment. QED
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Which is why I buy investments and trade them from time to time. I don't believe that out-and-out trading works - well not for me anyway. So stop losses and all of that does not really feature in what I am doing - I monitor the shares and decide if I would be buying at a certain level. If the answer is "yes" I don't sell. As for "pain" - you know what they say about gain...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
By the way - I trust you know that I was not advocating "averaging down" - I was poking fun at it! It is not a valid investment concept either since investment is about yield and capital appreciation over time. Why would you care about your average price? All you should care about is your real rate of return.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sponono wasn't he geared around 7x .. so loss now some 350% = another gold bug squashed ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So... bleeding out of every orifice then?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Saying that, I just did that. Couldn't resist buying some more at 913. I never like to do this, but like I mentioned, this is an opportunity knocking.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
SKAAPTJOP - I see SGL has finally corrected the confusion around the cost per kilo and published a detailed version of my earlier post to you. (They must be reading the SBK OST chat forum.) It is crazy that analysts were getting this wrong when "casuals" like us were already alive to the inconsistency.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well spotted .. love the SENS "may have been incorrectly interpreted by analysts and the market leading to an undervaluation of Sibanye Gold." .. leading to an undervaluation .. hhhmmm, or maybe it a crashing gold price or maybe it a stock nobody wants leading to low prices ..
0 Kudos