Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Maximum profit made in 1 trade

Preston
Super Contributor
Hi guys. Just a general Question. What is the maximum profit any of you guys made from 1 trade?
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
% or R ? also time frame would make a huge diff... share or warrant...details man details???
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
In Rand term, period of holding is not material and type of transcation is also not material.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Well done , which shares (small caps or heavyweight like BIL,AMS)
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I made about R 240k on setpoint, bought when they were way down under 20c and sold a couple of years later at over 80c. More recent shorter term one, made R 40k on RBX, bought on listing and sold in high R20's about 3 months on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
600 % WEZ - 6 months R 113 800 was invested at R 2.11 sold 75% with some add on's at R 8.09
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no of shares in hand 29 875 at 3.98 on ave
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hennie , i think i need to change my strategy. Small caps share really bring in massive returns. Well Done.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yeah, just remembered my ENL one, bought at R 1,70 and sold at R 4,80 over a couple of months - think it was about R60k.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
ABUZZ , where can i get info on new listing of these shares.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I have 1.5Mil currently invested, mainly in AGL, BIL and NHM. Two weeks ago my portfolio showed -100k. Today it stands at +60k. I guess you only make the money when you sell, because with the volatility at the moment, these are the ranges I look at daily. I have got a lot older and greyer in the past two months.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
in general (not to Prestons request) - quite impressive here and there. ABuzz, with your success I think the guys should start looking at IMU :-) Gosh, if only I had the money and the guts!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I think the target should be a bit lower in your anatomy than your guts. !!!!
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
for the benefit of those new to this (like me) what sort of time frames are we talking about for such returns? 3years??
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
between March 2007 and July 2007 I made R200K net with R50K capital trading SSFs on BIL, SIM and AMS. between July 2007 and August 2007 I lost it all.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Now that would depress me! I only started trading 3 months ago. Wasn't the best time to come in, good thing I listened to Simon and didn't put everything in all at once.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Preston, unfortunately info on new listings always seems a bit hard to come by. OST are getting better at it, cos I think enough of us have started asking, but personally I just keep an eye on a couple of websites like Moneyweb, Business Report, Financial Mail, Sharenet AltX etc and usually pick it up from the news before I hear about it on this site. And then the harder work starts in actually trying to find out about the company. Unless they have a prospectus, it can be quite a challenge, but I've usually found the research has paid off.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
It is always safer to wait until shares get overbought on the oscillators and then short-sell them,we are entering a bearish period when most ballons small caps will collapse.
0 Kudos