Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

May be a silly question ....

horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
... but can anyone confirm whether valuations other than market cap - NAV - are available on the site?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi dude.. I like your forum name. Are you a horseracing fanatic?
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Wouldn't know one end from the other ... I used the name once in the figurative sense and it stuck
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Okay..In response to your question? I am not sure if there is an alternative valuation avaliable.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, also aside from PE, EPS, DY, EY there are about 16 other ratios. Head off to a company quote page, click company profile (top right box) and then on the right hand menu bar - right at the bottom = ratios, click it an presto.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
May the force be with you...Princess Leia
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
horsetrader
Occasional Contributor
Hi again Simon. I'm a novice so please bear with me... I visited the ratio analysis section of about 20 companies. Interesting reading. One thing stood out and I'm not sure if I'm understanding it ... Many on the big boys' market price/share exceeds NAV/share three-fold, if not more and have been climbing steadily over the past FY's. What, if any is an acceptable 'rule of thumb' for a multiple of this nature before one can consider the share fully priced? Is this a correct/useful study/comparison to make?
0 Kudos