Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Maybe it means something.....

Not applicable
Maybe not.The TOP40 Exchange-traded Fund(EZA) has dropped 11% from its highs,but the TOPI has only dropped by 4.5%..Looking back, this is anomalous.....The Rand/$ has done damage and the EZA reflected the loss of confidence....the TOPI has yet to.On another note, the Dow/Gold Ratio 3yrWeekly sees an interesting moment.We are right in the target area where the Dow starts to weaken against Gold.The resistance holds,from Jan 2006.On the Daily Dow/Gold we see the Ratio has peaked and broken its UptrendLine since April2007....right,so all that's left is for TOPI to join DOWney and PUT-love flows freely....let us join hands(heh).
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
CE
Super Contributor
Hoezit Zarpie, what interest me is the fact that the DAX ended 1,52% higher, FTSE 0.96% and the DOW is currently up 20,97 points (hoping it will hold it's head). Will the surf end up at our shore ? Guess we will have to wait a couple of hours.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Once again the dax is leading the way....
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I'm not contesting what you're saying, but is there any reason that the DAX would lead our market? Is there any real correlation that you've measured that is more significant than a correlation with the DJIA (for instance)? Or is it just something that you've noticed tends to happen?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CE: The only noticeable factor when flicking between the Charts.....VOLATILITY is cranking up...whether it's great shares like BIL or AGL...or Industrial-Tech-Fin Indexes;Energy funds or China.... we can expect some wild stuff.##...the KEY Chart is the 10-yr Note($UST)...the Big-Boys are watching it intently.Why ? Because if 104 support fails, it's going to initiate a domino unravelling effect throughout the Debt market as Credit Spreads widen and Risk is re-priced...ps: last week's report shows that it is the Foreign Central Banks who are the Drivers behind the Operating Power Downtrend(price-collapse) ;if THEY are selling,who would want to bet against them ?...we are now living in interesting times.Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CE :Here's an interesting alignment: Merrill Lynch(MER) seems to give early SELL signals for the rest of the USA Market.She registered a Double Bottom breakdown Sell P&F signal on 4 Jun 2007(last Monday)When did the Dow break down ?.......; in other words,just like the late-Feb warning( she warned a few sessions before 27Feb)...Anyway,check it out for yourself..###....Also, the OIL Chart($WTIC) sees 5 taps on Resistance at $67, since April began and is on a BUY signal Ref: Daily Average True Range P&F Chart..NOT good for creaking Index Tops.###....and yeah, the 10-yr Note is a Close at 104.99(Major Support is at 104.51)...talk about knife-edge..###..and Eina ! for the Yen-carry dreams as China releases her May Trade Surplus report UP 72% from May2006 to May2007...= Yuan must strengthen = Yen will strengthen( it serves as a proxy for the Yuan moves)...a Boiler Room Classic developing...so I'll just walk away for now and turn my Pulse-rate off.....Thus dear CE, you decide ; given you all the ammo you may need to make a Risk-profiled decision, and as always...just my Opinion....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CE :I posted the MER P&F Pic for ya..take special note when she gave her sell signals(I marked them with Pink Squares)..as true as,MER gave a fantastic warning before the May2006 sell-off...will it be 3 out of 3 ?( Got this Tip from a USA Trader,by the way.)>>>>>aliencharts.4shared.com
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tango, not sure whyt he dax leads - but it is a very industrial exchange and germany has been doing well lately - also, some traders have had a long dax short ftse100 since late last year.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie - thank you for sharing all this info with us and for posting those charts, very interesting. Just by listening and reading one can sence a feeling of uncomfort in world markets. Will it be a "decent" correction or a "crash" ? When ? Who knows ? I still believe there is money to be made on the ups but agree that one should trade with causion in these times. Intra day trades could be the awnser for now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja CE thats the problem with listening and reading....you become paralyzed, and ultimately bankrupt like Zarp. Trading is well about trading putting your money at risk when the time is right based on measurable and objective parameters you have identified. It is not about becoming a repository for others people's beliefs and news or worst a recycling plant for other people's views and already market discounted news. I am not saying you shouldn't read and listen to the news....its what you do with it thats important. I see lots of hanging onto other people's pearls of wisdom here...mostly they are opinions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tango to answer your question re the Dax...this is not something that is constant...turns are taken in leading and its more about a pattern that develops over time. The Dax patttern started a few months ago...it took out some key levels and other indexes followed (even the Dow)...its just about being a little ahead of the curve and their is no structural reason...if you believe in statistical reliability of Fibs and patterns this will make more sense to you....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja CE I see you say markets are "unsettled"....I read that as " I am becoming unsettled" ...You say "need to trade with caution"...dont you always? ...why should what you read change the way you trade? ...or more importantly - how can it if you have a system?....are you going to change your system based on the ramblings of an idiot....?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Howzit C, this is part of the wonderfull word of chat forums, so NOT personal, not "easy" to express yourself 100%. Read, listen, look ect I am sure is applicable to all of us. Hanging onto one persons lips and "follow", no no. Must say that I learnt a lot from you as far as "trading attetude" is concerned. (you know that). I will continue to follow my system that is working for me at the moment, and yes always with causion.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Oh yes...and, I did not say that the market is "unsettled", I said : "Just by listening and reading one can sence a feeling of uncomfort in world markets" Must admit that I share this feeling BUT, as I said many times before, I remain a BUL until proven otherwise.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
ZeeBra, your BIL and SBK PUT's samies are turning into charcoal bro !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HELP !..I-need-some-body.....HELP !....not-just any body.....HE-E-EE-ELP !When I was younger,so much younger than toooda-a-a-y....>>>acknowledgements:The Beetles...heh...### CE: Trust you used that Sucker's Rally to get out Bro..### And now for the Market TidBit,from Elliottwave:What is Socionomics ? It states that Social mood drives the Market...not the other way around.Or to put it in Forum-Lingo: LET THE FLAMEWARS....BEGIN !!!...I'll just watch for now....ps: don't be shy.heh.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
The suckers rally that started when the TOPI was at 16K? That one Zarpie ;)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah the one that started at around 6,700 ...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie bro, you got a wingman on the forum, even predicted the day AND time. You can play cards while you wait for the crash.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! But they didn't sucker Zarpie. No siree Bob.
0 Kudos