Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mbeki-Capital flight is a risk

knopkop
Contributor
Read this pm the news item reporting views of Mbeki (the brother)and this somehow called to mind the JSE news release this am re Anglo and Rio Tinto seeking an out from Phalaborwa....maybe a case of "Work -in-progress".Same day this is followed by Gordham statement/request "Nationalisation debate shld be orderly" Maybe we have to work harder to make potential investors believe that faint hearted never won!!!!!! And all this together with dismal JSE makes for a rather blue Monday....so somebody, please, if you have a brighter story let's have it
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
striker
Super Contributor
- Sorry , not much good news out there. Global economies are shaky and SA's political situation is precarious.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just watch the Rand....that's all.The rest will be the dominoes that fall.For 90% of the Currency's exchange-rate is due to Hot Money Flows from overseas.One button....and the collapse will be lightning-fast(remember the Trial run in Sep-Oct 2008 ? )KRUGER RANDS.KRUGER RANDS....get it ?
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
He he, That was a great time. Long GLD after gold got thumped post lehman. Rand died, gold recovered ... happy times.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you gold traders have managed to make money twice in the last 5 years - awesome, what do you do with the rest of your time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nee Swaer...KRUGERS' are a lifeline,not a trade.You just Hold.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I fill the bath with my krugers and play scrroge macduck :)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
A documentary series called A"GrondA" dealing with the disastrous outcomes of land redistribution in SA started airing on Kyknet last night A- it will be worth your while to catch a repeat and follow the reduction in commercial farming activity in this country owing to farm murders and emigration and its implications for long-term food security. Never mind the destruction of rural economic activity and the resultant influx of migrants to the cities looking for work and contributing to the rapid escalation of informal settlements. This of course is merely the land equivalent of what is happening in the mining and manufacturing sectors of the SA economy with foreign divestment and de-industrialisation. The 7-year 25% compound escalation in electricity tariffs and rising labour unit costs in a society where business is increasingly seen as the adversary have created the conditions for a Molotov *****tail that will make the recent London bonfire seem like a Sunday school picnic. The unbridled stupidity, greed and sloth will fortunately eventually and inevitably self destruct al la Zim. This country is systematically going to hell led by moronsA.and we are quietly watching.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Yes but apart from that, it's turned out nice again!
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Yip well said, although I don't think you have to be a visionary to predict the future in this country. Watch you won't get many replies because most are oh so politically correct although everybody knows in which direction the wind is blowing.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
So I should fill my bath with mielies rather than Krugers?
0 Kudos