Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Medical costs

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Just came from the annual medical (Urologist). The guy's a shark - collected 600 of them hard earned Rands from me to stick his finger up me ar*e and fiddle with prostate. Damn!
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
GL
Contributor
If chartist was still here he'd probably do it for free.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There is always the argument "you couldn't pay me enought to..."
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
Dont they blood tests these days?
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
Sorry I mean, do blood tests these days?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Apparantly not as accurate as the old finger test.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You know you're in trouble if you doctor stand behind you, place one hand on each shoulder and ask you if you feel something.;-0
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Blood tests are 90% accurate, the finger test gives one an additional 5% accuracy - i am personally comfortable with the 90% with my dignity intact...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon there are more than a few ladies who loiter, who would have been willing to do that test for 50 bucks..and they probably would give you a more acurate diagnosis...it all just marketing..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guys, my farther-in-law had blood cancer and passed away from it last year. Let me tell you, your blood is a blue print for everything that goes on in your body. They picked up everything that was wrong in his body from analyzing his blood. It takes more time and the "poker" can't charge his 600 bucks for the finger test, but your blood CAN show it all.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
My man said he will start by poking - if he feels anything abnormal (like a hardness - of the gland, you perv!) they take it from there, including blood test and biopsy and so on.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
My urologist said I have to have prostata cut down to size, after poking me for couple of times. It costed 10 grand and a week afterwards a different nurses in hospital played with my ***** morning and evening, adjusting a tube size of your finger inside it. Pumping 6 liters of liquid in and out daily. That was sore, i am still shivering thinking of that experience and it did not even helped in any way, so poking is nothing after that. Having an ultrasound scan and second opinion is a must. Blood shall not tell you anything about size of prostata.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Buy Discovery
0 Kudos