Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Merafe?

SD
Contributor
Hold or sell??
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
og
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Reasons? Thanks
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
I bought at 54c - held it through when it reached its then high of R2.40 - bought in again at R1.80. Held it through its new high of R4.25, bought in again at at R3.30 and looking at the price curve will jump in again at these levels. Finding resistance at R2.80 - R2.90 - once it breaks these resistance levels, R4.50 is likely over the next 6 - 8 months. p.s I'm no TA expert Rgds
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
I am a little worried about the strength of the Rand.Does anyone agree or do you think the profits wont matter too much
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
The Rand strength is starting to surprise all, but the 'experts' are still looking at a medium (6 - 12 months) target of 850 c. The longer it stays at this level the more it will influence the commodity companies, so watch this space.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Going down bigtime.Looking at getting a few at R1.90. Any other thoughts on buying levels.
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
How much more will this drop?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
This is starting to hurt, all the bells are ringing, I am trying to abondon ship!
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Should we get out? Surely it's just temp and it will come back soon? Any advise?
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
And to think Nic Best tipped Merafe at 275 a couple of days ago to take profit at 375. I bet a lot of guys lost very good money. In fact his last ten or so trade tips stoplossed out. I have been watching him closely for the last six months and if I had responded to his bulletins and purchased SSF's on his recommendations I would have lost a huge amount of money!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
have a look at the moving average on the chart,u will see that the green has dropped below the red line....i'll only consider buying when this reverses
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
A friend of mine subscribes to Nic Best and has lost his shirt following his recommendations... How many of you out there have had the same experience.. Personally my Dad hdk has banned me from trading SSF's but I am interested to know what kind of a following Nic Best has.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I agree with Barry advice...patience (for the purchaser), nervous and stressful times (for wanna be sellers)....fundamentally, still a very good share to own, nomatter what price you entered at!
0 Kudos
Jason_1
Contributor
For the six months ended 30 June 2008, earnings per share ("EPS") and headline earnings per share ("HEPS") are expected to be between 21 cents and 24 cents which is between 425% and 500% higher than the 4 cents reported for the corresponding six month period to 30 June 2007. - Merafe expects the EPS and HEPS for the second six months to 31 December 2008 to be higher than the EPS and HEPS to be reported for the first six months to 30 June 2008.
0 Kudos