Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Message for Gravy

SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi, from the Skype thread, seems you might be in Arabia at present. Is this correct? I should be going there beginning of May.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
Moving in the region - Abu Dhabi at the mo
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Al Ain used to be my base for 3 years till last year when I shifted to Oman. I do not go for periods longer than 3 months per year. Going to Oman again this time.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Gravy what it life like in that part of the world.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hot. But me tent has aircon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SKALA , when you come back could you bring me back a camel please bru ? I read this somewhere .. this guy walking along a road to town with his camel. Along the way, a guy stops and ask's if he needs a ride to town. The guy say's, yeah. He hop's in, the driver say's, what about your camel. The guy said, Oh, he's ok, he know's his way to town. So the driver start's driving, he get's up to about 45 KPH, and he looks in his rearview mirror and see's the camel right behind him. He say's to the guy, hey buddy ya know your camel is behind us? The guy say's, yeah it's ok, he knows his way to town, speed up a little. The driver speed's up to about 55 KPH, he's driving along, and look's behind him and again see's the camel. And say's to the guy, your camel is still there. The guy say's, he's know's the way, speed up a little. So the driver speed's up to 65 KPH. He drive's for a bit, and look's behind him, and look's at the guy and say's, hey buddy your camel he's looking pretty rough. The guy say's, oh yeah, what's he doing. The driver say's, well, his ear's are folded back and his tongue is hanging out.. The guy say's, HIS TONGUE IS HANGING OUT,, TO WHICH SIDE. The driver say's to the left side. The guy say's, YOU'D BETTER HOLD YOUR COURSE, HE'S FIXIN TO PASS US ..!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja Up, camels can be very expensive; if a "ex-pat" like me would kill one in an accident, this is immediately a racing camel, belonging to the Sheik and costs big bucks. Also the rich spoilt Arabs in the UAE can test your patience; the Oman Arabs very more friendly.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
skala, how the heck do you manage to kill a camel by accident ??? it fall onto your braai and you didn't notice ???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon ...u obviously havent seen SKALA in his hunting regalia.....ferocious....he could kill an elephant by accident
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well then that be a seriously huge braai .
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Simon, no joke; these things roam around freely and at night in a sandstorm it happens very often with the vehicle driver usually being killed in the accident.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skala...I have been to Saudi and actually seen this happen....the speeds they drive at is incredible...
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Put foot Doll!!! And a Cruiser or Safari or Prado at 160km/h is deadly. I am very scared to drive there, but usually I insist to drive, since I think I do it better than my mates.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
82% of South African males earnestly believe they drive better than the average male.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I rest my case! Why should I then think different? Only joking. However I do drive well.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
geez! the other 18% must realy know that they drive like a woman!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Very good John, but you are venturing into landmine area.
0 Kudos