Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Metair or BTI - the race is on

Not applicable
My latest candidates for a 100% return on investment. Which one will get the gold medal I wonder? BTI leading the race at 90%, Metair is at 81%. Go boytjies!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
100% is quite a meaningless milestone actually.. Think about it: this is what behavioral finance is all about.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
el_nino
Contributor
I currently have 2 on 160 percent, 2 on 80 perecnt and one on 70 percent.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
and people say were in a bear market...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Metair was June last year, BTI was in May 2010
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
All these figures are meaning less if you don't say over what time span and besides,was it a geared instrument or not.I bought a share in two parcels at 85 and 90 cents collected R4.63 in dividends and sold out at R16.50. sounds great which it was, but still meaningless without me saying over what period of time.It was RBW and I held it for 11 years,now a person can do comparisons.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Bought BTI at the same time,some of the stocks that have gone over 100% in a shade over 3 years since I bought, FSR(120),OML(147),ARB(112)& MPC(373), however on the otherside of the equation are BWI(-49),AMS(-36)and IMP(-26)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
anybody saying we're in a bear market doesn't know what a bear market looks like ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos