Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Methinks theres a chance of making a quick buck !

barry_1
Super Contributor
Since 13/6/07 this share has gone up 50% ..!Bought this morning,its intention at the moment is to sell everything(cash shell)with a cash payout or buying new assets.PLEASE READ YESTERDAYS SENS,MAKE UP Your OWN MIND.As always ONLY MY OPINION..!!!
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DST
Super Contributor
What is the value of all the cash divided by the # of shares?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Barry. This is highly speculative off course. NAV per share = 12c. Already on 22c.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Dunno,havn't worked it out,i must admit,only been attracted by the rapid rise in share price over the last week from my watchlist of shares under 50 cents.Only going on what usually happens in these cases.Perhaps u could work it out and tell us?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Absolutely agree,i'm taking a risk i know,just thought i'de let other forumites know whats moving,any one who decides to buy must DO THEIR OWN HOMEWORK...!!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I've looked at the same scenario with Mcubed. Difference was that Mcubed was in trouble, and although the NAV seemed healthy compared to the price it turned out sour, because assets where sold for less than expected. This is a 50/50 scenario, and I hope it turns out well for you. I must agree that it's tempting, and formies should accept the risk before jumping into this one.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
By the way, how is the plat shares coming along. Are you still bullish on the juniors Jubilee & Eland ?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Kwagga,Definitely on Jubilee and Anooraq,i'l be posting a piece on Jubilee shortly,be sure to read it.Eland is going to start production in Oct..the share ran away completely and it is always difficult to place a value on resources as ther so many variables out there,so i might buy in againat a later stage depending on its production,plat shortage etc,but not now.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'll keep an eye on Jubilee and Anooraq. Did some work at Lonmin a few weeks ago? These plat mines are cash flushed and spending like crazy on anything imaginable. To get operations up and running though is a massive expense and it would be great to see the above mentioned mines actually producing the good stuff. I'll be waiting for your info on Jubilee.
0 Kudos
pickle
Contributor
thanks give us another one good call
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's moments like these that I feel like crying. From 22c to 30c in 6 hours. Well spotted Barry.
0 Kudos
deet
Contributor
Hi Barry, anything else your eagle eye has spotted this morning thats good for a buy?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Quick was the word,did u notsell out in time ?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I apologise for my last remark,it should still climb higher again,so i u have not sold hold on.I sold one third that i bought in the morning yesterday afternoon as i was up 13 cents for the day.
0 Kudos