Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Michael Jackson has entered the building

Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
My left nut was 100% right today ... called the top (see previous posts) My right nut now tells me that we going to see blood on the dance floor tomorrow. A bear has killed someone...
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
kwagga
Super Contributor
...or we could just see a new high tomorrow ?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
or somewhere between the two?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Have a look at the final trades that went through on many of the top 40 companies today (eg: SAB, ANG,NPN) Foreign fund managers/investors still buying and it has been going on like this for days. Buying is easing however and volumes are down. Only one way from here, with some volatility in between.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
who cares! Up or down we still make money
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Hopefully you have some skin in the game (backing your views with suitable exposures) or are you just seeking attention?
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Of course I do. Consider the following: 14 day RSI, is currently at 76.9, while the All-share is at 76.4. Anything above 70 is considered overbought territory. The indices are also trading above their upper Bollinger bands, another gauge of momentum. Technicals and fundamentals (as discussed in my previous post) point to selling in the short term. I rest my case.
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
What you say about my call guys? Early day I know, but looking good so far...
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I dunno, 100 points down .. is it even worth getting out of bed for ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would say 300pts downside certainly on the cards for today (from these levels). But I don't day trade, and I don't short. I am largely out the market though, so there we go.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I taught my daughter a new song and it goes something like this...... "Soon and very soon, we are going to see the bears,Soon and very soon, we are going to see the bears,...SEE the Bears...see the bears... (CLAP ALONG NOW),,Soon and very soon, we are going to see the bears,Soon and very soon, we are going to see the bears,...SEE the Bears...see the bears..."
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the problem preston is simple (and wider than you) .. you have emotionally and maybe even financially attached yourself (and your daughter) to a view .. what if you wrong ?? how do you switch, or does one just become a perma bear ?? what if we see 60k first than a crash/correction ?? conventional wisdom says if you going to trade strong views in the market, you keep them quiet as that gives you space to change them without losing face ??

and I not saying you wrong, I saying you going about it wrong ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon...either way, it is still a great song....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And you missed a great ride to the top?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im bearish but even Im still thinking there will be at least 1 more ATH to come...I know we can talk technicals and fundamentals for hours, call it more of a gut feel, as theres nothing else to back this up.

Ive just never seen a top happen at an exact round number.
I do believe this is just a final play for a bigger correction.
0 Kudos