Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Middle East VS Our gain in SOL

Not applicable
guys i see SOL is doing good today i assume those guys in middle east are not smaking each other meaning decrease in fighting(middle east)= Gain in SOL is that true please assist with these formula.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
DCTrader
Super Contributor
This whole thing in the middle east will blow over by the weekend and with SOL going ex div on Friday I'm guessing it will be back to R235/40 soon.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
so your saying that if we should be looking at taking profits about now.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Just my opinion... I tend to get it wrong more often than right though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Why sell! its storming up almost half the JSE volume today is SOL
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Yeah mittal went ex div a couple of days ago so i sold taking my div and profits next day went to record high and now has lost 5% in 2 days.Markets can do some strange things.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
friend advise guys lets eat as much as possible today because food is on our table.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It just bounced of its 200MA at 247.5 a close above this would see me target most recent high
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Haha... what kinda nick is that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u see this name is a name inside the stork.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
just FYI, seems the online price streamer has volume incorrectly at 5.1 mil, versus OST's 2.2 mil. nothing new here, same old bugs!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
i get to about 1/4 of JSE value for the day is Sasol. Still pretty much huge percentage of total value!
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
im out of sol.........in 220 out 241,happy and its looking scary
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
oil price still moving up Sol may still gain a bit. Just my oppinion
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
That's the 200D simple MA at 24750. SOL cut straight through the 200D EMA at 24090 today, and is also going to close above 61.8 fibo level. Fantastic move. We'll see some sort of pullback in the next few days, and of course it will lose the div, but I'm looking to add to my position if we see the next bottom above 22500. It certainly doesn't look scary to me...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I was just looking at the US chart, it a basic chart but it looks like it will close the gap down there with a close above $34 it is currently at 33.85 so I think we could see some good TA buying out of the US over night.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Last resistance is the overhead downtrend going back 10 months I have it at around 249 so a close above 250 and we are looking so so sweet.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Above the gap but below the 200 dayMa good gains lets hope New York Ha s a great Big run on great volumes
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
There i agree with u Asylum,i'm going to take the div due on Monday,as long as the oil price moves up or stays above 66 dollars per barrel in my book they are worth holding.SOL might come off between three and eight percent by Wednesday next week,but should pick up if the trend is still up there after.
0 Kudos