Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Millionare in 10 years

superstar
Regular Contributor
My candidates for the next big hit are: ARB and LITHA. DRD will , in my humble opinion will not make it there. Anyone with other candidates?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I am currently looking at a company called nictus, but still compiling my research here, they have done pretty well. Also, im also paying very close attention to ADW, after that huge mess, they are on the right track. Litha Healthcare and Reinet have been on my list for the extreme long term, im actually slowly stocking up on litha.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see the CEO Craig Robertson will be resigning soon. And "Finweek reported ARB CEO Byron Nichles as saying that the group's two latest acquisitions may help grow annual revenue by almost 60% this fiscal year" Should bode well for the share price. Maybe worth putting a 1500 or so away for a rainy day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
IMHO, Capitec and other succesfuls have 3 things in common. A good business model, great management able to deliver on the business model and adequate capital. Therefore my pics would be Arnold Fouries PNC. Along with ALT will do great in Africa. KEH, past its blow off stage and now starting to produce. Paul Miller in charge, met him at a JSE indaba, this company will go places. And still in the resources space, PRL's Gilbertson needs no intro. Discussed plenty of times on this forum. A compelling story indeed. Another prospect Carlo Gonzaga's TAS. Have not had the opportunity to meet and am not much of a pizza fan, but the story sounds compelling. Jury still out though. LHG, in the right space. Agreed, it will go places. Just one worry, why did Blackstar pull out so early in development stages?
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Wino, Blackstars are not investor they are traders. There was this discussion in this forum about that and the conclusion was Blackstar they get small profit and run away
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well ,they run back for another small profit
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Forgive me for entering late... Several years ago a bank by the name BankOVS entered the market and had basically the model which Capitec thrives on today. Only difference - not so many customers at the time and the level of sophistication in their systems was not even a puff of what Capitec has today. BankOVS thrived on the financing of wheels and paid a handsome interest to its investors. Capitec finances "nothing" - and the amount of loans is capped at R150k. They also force their cleints to an electronic payment of their earnings towards the Capitec account. This model might be sustainable for some time, but: BankOVS did not make it in the end (their liabilities soon exceeded their assets), hence I'm inclined to regards Capitec as a bubble, soon enough to blow.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Sorry superstar, it is PGL. Capitec does not have a problem raising capital. Last year increased shares by 6 mil and share still goes up. Issues corporate bonds without a problem and has the full backing of PSG. My concern is growth of unsecured loans by 35% to R19bil vs savings at R10bil and 62% increase on loan impairments in 2012 to R1.6bil (refer latest news bil). Maybe time to start taking profits.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Look at companies like NICTUS, SPANJAARD, REX TRU, PGR, CRG... These are scalable models with limited shares in issue and large-scale owner/director involvement. Their director have also shown themselves to be disincled to issue shares and dilute equity holders (largely because they themselves are the main shareholders.!). These companies are illiquid and, for the most part, "unfollowed," perhaps even unloved. They are also fine enough companies to be treated as investments in their own right - as opposed to purely speculative plays. That means one can take a proper position and actually benefit from a move in the share.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
EXL and others that fit the desciption too.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I got them for free when PSG gave them out. I sold them after the price doubled. The good thing is I bought Home Choice and after trading them before they delisted my average price was 50c per share, since then I got 196c dividend and their latest earnings was 237c and dividend 85c per share. They are going to re list later this year. Watch out for this one.
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
Has anyone given any thought to HSP? I think this is going to be a great new CPI
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It would need to move to nearly R200 000 per share to equal the increase in enterprise value achieved by CPI. So NO!
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
That is the disadvantage of being too big or a Buffet investor.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i gave CPI a miss at R100. But what about Aspen, it at only R128, could be R228 next year this time?
0 Kudos