Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mint of a sort comes to SA

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
www.22seven.com
Mint style aggregation with behavior changes added in. Christo Wiese behind it, looks smart ..
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They probably hate someone like me. I have an excel sheet with 3 categories with line items under each - Insurance, Expenses, Investments. Each category has a % assigned to it. My goal is to keep monthly investments as close to 20% of after tax salary as possible and keep the rest as low as possible. I can probably not account for hundreds of rands per month, and not thousands. The process is really that simple, and no one needs to pay for this service. First payment every month goes to investments - "The richest man in Babylon". I keep it very simple and it's a working formula.
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
I see yodlee also offers a similar product on their website which seems to be free, I didn't sign up so perhaps they do charge somehow.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
may not take off here, because people wont give up banking log on details...but why should that be necessary because it would be safer to just send them your statements?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For R69 you can send me your statements I'll tell you how much you have/don't have. I'll even do a video... on a serious note didn't this Mr Weis get caught with rather a large amount of cash in a suitcase on his way to a swiss bank?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, the name comes back now...dont give him your postbank, sorry bank details!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya thy betting that this adds discipline with nice pis and automated process .. but I not sure, specially at R70/month ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and if they have access to your spending habits? Well, mr Wiese is a retailer after all!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They prolly hate people like me too. Years ago (20y +) I downloaded a freeware home accounting package (DOS based, but lightning fast). Entered all my transactions, broken down into categories. Was an eyeopener on what, at that stage, I spent my bucks on. One thing it taught me was that if I cut down or eliminated my recurring expenses I could save a bundle. So I cut out all the rubbish, paid off the CC and vehicle and saved an even bigger bundle. Got to a point where I could easily sock away 30% or more of my after tax income. I got so good at it,it is now almost automatic. So no. 22seven will not be getting 70 bucks from me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon are you sure Wiese is behind this? I can't seem to find his name only Christo Davel.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I am not, the initial statement mentioned him .. but also can't find anything further and suspects it was an error .. am interviewing Davel next week and will clear up ..
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Their website says, "22seven is an independent and privately owned company funded by Hasso Plattner Ventures Africa, the Hollard Group and a consortium of angel investors.... " My personal experience, if Hollard is involved then one MUST stay as far from away from them as possible...
0 Kudos