Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Missing shares

ET
Contributor
Does anyone else have shares that went missing overnight?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
AST
Occasional Contributor
Yes, same here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
Is Standard Bank losing it? I had shares that went up 800% and now they missing ! Eish !!! Standard Bank Nationalising quietly ?
0 Kudos
shailen
Contributor
I got shares that are missing as well.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It's ok. Not to worry. It's part of a new initiative. "These shares have been placed with previously disadvataged communities in terms of the property reservation clause in the bill of rights, the soul of your constitution." We would like to thank you for playing........ This publice service announcement is a harbinger of things to come.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
yip,me too......really pathetic,yesterday i placed orders to buy,they showed under order status but weren't reflecting on the market.i phoned them and the woman who answered the phone said that she doesn't understand what the problem is and anyway even though i'm the top bid,i'm far away from the sellers price,so she doesnt know why i'm complaining!!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
think this has more to do with the new JSE trading platform than Standard Bank...
0 Kudos
ET
Contributor
Haha but if this is redistribution of wealth why did they choose the dogs?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It's a new bottom-up policy. It will be followed by a drunken bottoms-up phase in which your blue chips will be plundered. Please be patient. Looting, done right, takes time. As a nation, we are committed to "getting it right the first time" - that is why we are appying OBE (outcomes based empoverishment.)
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
Is this what "Without Compensation" Looks Like?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish, you whiteys are paranoid hey - it is just me, the uber hacker. Threshold thanks so much for those netcare donations
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
They can have my BDM shares for sure
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You will be rewarded in the joy you will experience from being part of the emerrgence of a new class of Swiss-cheque-book-wielding denizens of the liberterian nations of Westcliff, Sandhurst, Clifton and Waterkloof
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I object to being called white. This is a colourless (and morally malodorous) society. My 300 0000 NTC are contributing to the national good through their participation in the national health Scheme and, in due course, through a 40% participation by SARS due to them thanks to their insight and dazzling brilliance in assisting with this trade. Not to mention their participation in the manifest risk inherent in m efforts. It is, however, comforting to know that if all goes wrong they will be there to carry an assessed loss which I can use if I ever produce profits again.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If you can enjoy them more than the needy masses - well far be it from me to take that away from you, the uber-hacker (hack? {lol}) I just hope you fell the shame and guilt that our elite are immune to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey - which one of you "£$£"$ stole my Calgro's? They were doing quite nicely thank you!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I think - if you are patient - you will do fine with your BDM. Not that I have any, but that's my 2c worth.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
last time I remember looking into BDM (if memory serves) the CEO had the gumption and gall to have his yacht listed on the balance sheet! (Seriously, he did - although it could have been Brikor, can't be bothered to get my facts straight on this one)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BDM is now controlled by BRAIT and the good "I have the right to carry 13 million in bank notes in my brief case; and don't you forget it!" Mr. Wiesse. They have flogged a lot of the junk, settled a lot of the debt and seem to be producing cash. BUT - 3,5 billon share in issue to get there - so not really my "cup 'a tey."
0 Kudos