Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mixing business with feelings

Not applicable
Hi all. My name is Valmak Mathebula. I am still a new investor or Trader if you may like clearity. I am a first year student at the University of the Witwatersrand. I am wondering if it is possible to trade on the jse without bringing personal feelings in between. I have lost about 20% of my trading value intant of making 20% profits because I become scared and sell to early. How do you become brave in this sort of business Valmak
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Read 'Trading in the zone' by Mark Douglas
0 Kudos
herbaltea
New Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You don't need to be brave if you have a strategy that dictates what you need to do. Start reading and working on that stategy.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Valmark.. lots reading(T.A and the psychology of trading)..most importantly is that if u gonna trade.. then i suggest find 1-2 setups that you can regognize and trade consistently without hesistation. before taking any trade know wat you are risking on that trade and stick to it.. the rest will then come in time
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, I have placed the Book 'Trading in the zone' in my google book library and I will be reading it, I hope that it will clearify some confusion I have. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
T.A and the psychology of trading There are two of the above books I found, which one should I read: 1. The psychology of trading: tools and techniques for minding the marketsy - Page 160 by Brett N. Steenbarger 2. Psychology of Tradingy by Laura Sether, Van K. Tharp, Bernie Schaeffer, Brett N. Steenbarger
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You can read as much as you like but the best experience is from time and trading in the market, I have learnt so much over the best 2 years from the decline in the market and I think I am going to learn even more from the future. Beware the tv analyst's on tv and on radio, they are all experts after the event.
0 Kudos