Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Monday 80c Open

DaveW
Contributor
This morning SBC lists SCL as opened at R0.80 after which trade resumed at Friday costs.. Anyone care to venture an explanation or is this a computer glitch?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
read home page anouncement ..
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
Hello Simon Not finding anything on homepage....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there were bugs, but now fixed
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
That little bug has cost me R4000 to date. PGL appears to have similar bug. I suspect this bug may be of some profitable convenience to SBG.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how did it cost you money ?? an more importantly contact teh call centre ..
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
Hi Simon Made trades based on assumption that the information was correct, which, in context, implied a course of action that was solid. However, it turns out, that I crystallized a small loss on a sale, to purchase a share that subsequently has dropped in value as well. So essentially, as these things go, the money isn't lost, though it is now tied up until it shows profit, which could be a while. That means that my original strategy, which placed me in line for a special dividend, can no longer be realized. It could be argued that I was a victim of my own enthusiasm and that the numbers should have been should have been verbally confirmed as they didn't add up. However, I have very recently done just such a play with FIU/FUM, although the circumstances were of course quite different. It was however not inconceivable, given that last SCL SENS and the increased Risk On signs on Europe news, that the SCL could have been designated to strong buy, by various or a single large fund. Not too stressed about it, just annoyed. It was a fault on their system for 36 hours and not just a single share listing but many. They should have picked it up and corrected it before the trading day started. Thank you for your interest... Have a good one.
0 Kudos