Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Months and Years to come 5

Quakedog
Super Contributor
Buy food producers and beverage!! Oil and some industrials! Markets are dodgy and we are entering a time of whatever doensnt need to be replaced can wait! So IT and telcom, construction, fashion and credit retailers are all dead!! I need to eat, drink, smoke and drive to work with petrol! Industrials in case some thing brakes! Stick with it!!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Oh yes China, everyone punts it, so put you money into the miners, hehe maybe!! The US and Eurozone has huge unemployement....we gonna go side ways for a couple of years!! But you will always eed your basics! Peace out!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ya I agree we are in for a rough ride. I think with my smoking habit not going to end very soon i will stick with my BATS shares. Good advice, o ya and dont forget SAB.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Electricity (IPSA? If NERSA get their act together...)
Water (Omnia? Licenced a US water treatment process for Africa...)
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I think we are in for a market decline. There will likely be a bounce post the G20 meeting this weekend (hence Im closing my ssfs today) But I think the trend is down. No real good news to continue the market higher. Normally I head into gold and gold miners but cyclically this is the worst time of year for them. Ill prob make a few small specualations but id stay in cash until early spring (barring any big market moving event) Also I think that after the world cup people are going to get post party blues and it wont just be in the mood I think it will be financial as well. I could be totally wrong here as Im bias against the world cup but worth considering. Im going to sit primarily in cash due to the uncertainty. (maybe buy some VIX call options if you can)
0 Kudos