Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mooi River Index table

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
mwk
Frequent Contributor
Never heard of it - until now.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Interesting and valuable, hope its not related the problem we have. Our company in Richards Bay started trucking coal by road because Spoornet just cannot get our scheduled deliveries from inland here any more. (We operate outside the Richards Bay Coal Terminal domain where things go well). I certainly see more double trailer side tipper trucks on the N2, they all carry bulk raw materials (ex Spoornet cargo) and not finished goods. And I see potholes growing by the minute.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hence I posted it ..
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
One would think that such information (types of vehicles, traffic volume, time of day) would be available from the road agency itself, for each toll plaza.
IOW, it shouldn't be necessary for someone (with an office window overseeing the toll plaza) to actually take notes of the traffic. ;)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Ah! An update of our very own home grown transport index. My relatives involved in trucking in Durban harbour also report an increase in activity. There's also a backlog, from the strike, of containers and stuff still to be off and on loaded.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that would indicate an increase in activity at Maputo harbour wouldn't it? Good news for Grindrod!
0 Kudos