Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

More upside?

md49
Contributor
Is today just excitement /hype or is hopefully some serious short to mid term upside? Anyone see sell off coming up?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
sponono
Super Contributor
what is your opinion?
0 Kudos
md49
Contributor
honestly do believe there is sustainability in this price - and about time! with the 4G roll out as well as an existing strong cash flow - who knows where its going to peak!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Do you do any technical analysis behind your conclusion of the price going up? Price is likely to reach 117.31 and further resistance at 119.83. Trend is also bullish as is RSI and Stochastic. Also from my analysis an ascending triangle had been formed. Normally the break of this triangle would signal the trend. The ascending triangle has broken upwards hence, further upside is expected.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Vodacom reaches 1st resistance level of 117.31 as per my calculations yesterday. Question now is how long can it support it for?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
nobody knows...the question is how did you plan the exit
0 Kudos
Invinsible
Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
25 cents short, so close yet so far.
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
I think it's going to reverse at R122
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Like I mentioned yesterday resistance was at 119.83 and you can see that's exactly what happened today. Got close to it and soon retraced back. Should it break pass the 119.83 we could see the price pushing to 122.25. I think then it would be a good time to cash in some profits. Otherwise should support at 117.31 we broken it could go back to 114.89. My personal calculations
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alberto - to answer your first question : No. That is purely speculation on the fundamentals being strong balance sheet, cash flow and good prospects (Africa expansion, 4G) that is generally followed by a positive market sentiment or reaction. stop loss triggered @ 118 this afternoon.
0 Kudos
Torres
Contributor
MTN v Vodacom. Which share would you buy right now considering the recent movements in their share prices and their prospects going forward?
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
suggest reading this: http://www.tickertalk.co.za/blog.php?user=stuart&blogentry_id=3959 - I own both shares (my disclaimer), but right now if i was going to add to my position, i would purchase MTN for their growth prospects going forward. They do come with risks. i.e. Iran, but longterm, they have great prospects on the Africa continent
0 Kudos