Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Morning all

Not applicable
Guys need help again....okay here goes. Is there diff in price's between a SOLQJUNE07 & SOLQMAR07 (SSF that is) and when long/short which would be the best??? Why are there two different contracts,they differ in price movement as well???? pls any one tx guys enjoy.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
There will be a small price risk premium on the later contract (Jul)If you buy Mar, you might want to keep it and roll over to Jul, and there's a cost involved for this. Make sense?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay cool i bought a mar07 contract...but it looks like its going down,HARQmar07 I went long.....i don't understand she is still showing down??????
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Cents, it won't suddenly break the down trend, more way yet to go down to !! Why didn't you short in the case if it on a downward trend?
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
If you go long you are expecting the share to go up. At the end of each day OST adjusts your call a/c balance by the MTM. HAR should be up nicely today...Have a look at the Help section under SSF. Some is gobbledegook that I'm still trying to make sense of. I generally go long (being an optimist!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I strongly recommend you do a ssf course before you begin trading them,or there is a possibility they will kill you, if you dont know what you are doing..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tx guys i have a general idea its just the figure story ....the amounts & stuff......thats all I'll find my feet.But with a lot of Q's here and there.Tx once again.
0 Kudos