Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Mr Market

Preston
Super Contributor
Is this overheated market playing to the tune of Roxette Song “Crash Boom Bang”?
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Were you one vacation?
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
This is what one calls euphoria buying. This fairy tale will not have a happy ending....guaranteed
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
This is what one calls euphoria buying. This fairy tale will not have a happy ending....guaranteed
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
can you give me date an time ?? make life a whole bunch easier ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
People have been calling for a crash ever since the last one in 08(me included sometimes) The fact of the matter is no one knows. You can only have an opinion. Take Dr Clive Roffey for example. He has been calling a crash for who know how long? Even if it does crash some time in the near future it will likely turn above the level he originally called for a crash.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Its amazing... its always when a bull market goes on and reaches a certain level that everyone starts to call the crash, some sit on the sidelines while the market makes high after high saying how illogical it is etc... Goldman Sachs thinks this bull market (obviously in USA) will go on for a bit still...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Not a crash but an extremely violent shake.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
sit and get 4% on your cash and sleep in peace. We'll ride the wave and make money!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
That wave is getting smaller and smaller.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, unfair question. Whl @R50, please give me a date and time?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
wasnt there such a saying that the last phases of the bull market are the most profitable ones? Nice article on the 4 stages of the bull market... lets discuss where we are now? http://www.futuresmag.com/2010/09/01/four-stages-of-a-bull-market-and-how-to-profit?t=financials
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you folks have seen the stats about missing the best few days of a market, massively hurts overall long term return .. google it

an to clarify, I m not saying the market isn't about to collapse, slide, shake or whatever .. I saying ain't nobody going to call it right
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as much of discussions and charts and forums one can read and form opinions one thing is certain. the market will do its own thing. simply follow it. the stress will only arise if you are fearful in which case why are you a participant in it? imo, just trade. if investing remind yourself why you invested and what was your goal, if its achieved and then some, look for other opportunities
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ok - so crash is coming huh? Here's a question: is it better to try to time the crash, sell your holdings, incur the capital gain tax (assuming you have one)and wait for the bottom and get back in, incur the cost of entry again...or is it better to sit with your holdings, and ride out the crash and wait for the eventual upturn again and hope its only a correction? I seriously have no idea....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
unless you you time it perfectly (and anybody saying they reducing exposure so far has timed it wrong) .. best to just ride it out as a long term investor ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
That's what my seriously non-professional-investor mind is telling me to do....I might trade some of the bumps though
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
WAtch Traders Corner. Garth McKenzie put in a basic zero cost option for massive downside protection of the market. Check it out
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, an he been doing it for almost a year now
0 Kudos