Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Multiple Portfolios in same Share Trading Account

Not applicable
Hi, Can anyone please give me a pointer of how to setup several portfolios within a single trading account (e.g setting up a long term, medium term, short term portfolio all on the same share trading account. Thanks, VDot
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
easy, call ost ask to open another account under same login.as many as you like.you will bw able to switch between them through a drop down menu. takes roughly a day to open
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
No costs - I have two open - one for my trading and one for my investing - keeps the tax clean.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Thanks, i was wondering why, any other reason?
0 Kudos
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
One is also not allowed to trade CFD's and shares on the same account, well, at least in my case. Not sure if it is the same with everybody?
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
you are charged per login whuch is seq number and around 60 per month i think....how many accounts within is irrelevant (thankfully)and yes index futures and cfds are advisable to have on separate accounts from equity...helps you keep things simple and less messy
0 Kudos