Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My first day trade!

Not applicable
*** what a rush! Wall street tanks 150 points in 15 minutes (I hope I got the terminology right), and the topi follows suite. Advice needed from the pro's - is a movement like that on wall street normal?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
WR
Regular Contributor
NO....typical of bear markets
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it was a good day in deed, went as it was supposed too, but must say GFI was a bit confused, very resilient and then gave up at the end... I am beginning to follow the system and it's paying off, i like.
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
So... I'm guessing we're still in the middle of the bear market and these days when we see green are not really an indication of the bulls returning... at least not for a while? I'm a bit curious... On day trades, how much does a 150bps change in the market equate for you guys? I know it depends on your gearing, but then, how geared are you? And... what's the max you've made in a day (in bps please)?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
150 points on the alsi = R1500 per contract..margin = R19000
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi john, I traded the TOPI on idealCDF's, do you have a preference for the ALSI?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have seen days on my simulated trading platform where the TOPI moved 1000 points. I made R10k in simulated trades on that day. The big problem is that you need to be more confident about the direction, because of the level of gearing - and you really have to stay glued to the screen
0 Kudos