Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My latest idiotic idea!,Standard,SimonPB,...anyone?

barry_1
Super Contributor
Can there not be a delayed stop-loss introduced of say thirty minutes?That is to say if the price falls below the stop-loss and then recovers again it won't trigger. This would stop highly volatile trades such as AQP been stomped out.It shoots up and down within minutes nine to ten Rand.These are not easy to come by at a decent price,twice i've lost out only to find the price is higher than the stop-loss fifteen minutes later!THIS WITH CHARTISTS IDEA to place the stop-loss on my portfolio page would be great.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
maybe based on volume... that is, the stoploss triggers if a set number of volume has been traded at or below the stop-loss price. yes, that would be cool!
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
Alot has to be done on the auto stoploss system. SimonPB do you use auto stoplosses??.

One thing I would like to have is being able to put a stoploss on the underlying and have my warrants sold when the underlying reaches a certain value...Most people watch the underlying in any case when setting their stops.

Also the trailing stoploss only gets enabled when the share reaches a certain lvl: so enable my trailing stoploss when the share reaches 20% from its current lvl, then sell the shares if it drops 5% from a high after that...

0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Wumpus,Asher both great ideas,obviously a great deal needs still to be done in this direction.Some times i still use a broker friend with another firm,who carries out my wishes,it could be said the personal touch,i suppose.
0 Kudos