Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My lazy system

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
has triggered a buy on Top40 if we green today at 4.30 ..
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
superstar
Regular Contributor
Well I agree with you, your system is either playing it too safe or very lazy. Tyhe trigger for a buy was Friday afternoon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, super lazy .. Friday close was the trigger, today 4.30 if we green will be confirmation ..
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Simon just to double check something, are you in the Finweek?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
I am so conditioned to not holding an ALSI position overnight that this just seems risky. Do you use Warrents instead to limit risk?
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
speak under correction, but think Simon is refering to the STX40 here..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, I tarde it with STX40, either CFD or just as is ..
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
My mistake, did not realise Satrix 40. Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon ...can you update us please....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well we were green at 4.30 so safe so system would put him long
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
indeed .. either you trying to start another bun measuring scuffle or you know nothing .. thinks we know the answer, an I got better things to do ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bloody hell...have you entirely lost your sense of humour?...just pulling your leg ...fact that you cant see that is concerning
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Never a dull moment here
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Simon, how many points did your lazy system make in 2011 and off how many trades?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Mark maybe, but honestly not sure I belive you .. that's unfortunate, but how it is ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
must say i am starting to have my doubts about my perception of Simon as an unemotional trader...for me when the default position if is to simply attack or insult someone who may disagree with him thats an indication of someone not that secure of their trading...as i say just a bit of doubt creeping in...
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
I guess I am the only one who is still new and lack emotional attachement in the trading game. I hope I will not learn everything you guys type on your keyboards.
0 Kudos