Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My prediction on the JSE

Frogg
Frequent Contributor
I got in at 26800, the only reason I asked was my limited experience has almost always seen the gap close no matter how bullish the situation may apear
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think there are at least 3 resistance levels being hit right now - the highs from the previous bounce, the top end of the current bull channel, and the Dow sitting at the top end of its channel. Couple that with a bank holiday in the UK today, then today's rally is nothing more than speculation on the status of the dow. So if Wall street decides to close its gap, then I am sure that ours will follow as well.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Will we see 3% today? Just before a crash again towards Friday?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish boet - you need to look into these things a bit more carefully I think. Gaps only close when entered - runnaway gaps are about the most powerful bull - or bear indicator you will find. So when you have a gap - conventional strategy is 50pts into the gap - otherwise you are looking at a massive move against you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Doesnt this rise seem a bit excessive? Ben only hinted that there might not be a recession and no further stimulus at the moment? Last couple of times we went over 30,000 it was always followed by another crash. All this is still on speculation. I'm waiting for the peak and going short, nothing has been sorted out yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Investors have taken the bait.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We yesterday closed the "old" GAP still open from 17/08/2011 at 26875
0 Kudos