Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My trading profile! Taken from http://www.minyanville.com/articles/tol/index/a/16094/from/yahoo

Namib
Contributor
3. The Mania Diagnosis According to the NIMH, signs and symptoms of mania (or a manic episode) include: - Increased energy, activity, and restlessness - Excessively "high," overly good, euphoric mood - Extreme irritability - Racing thoughts and talking very fast, jumping from one idea to another - Distractibility, can't concentrate well - Little sleep needed - Unrealistic beliefs in one's abilities and powers - Poor judgment - Spending sprees - A lasting period of behavior that is different from usual - Increased sexual drive - Abuse of drugs, particularly cocaine, alcohol, and sleeping medications - Provocative, intrusive, or aggressive behavior - Denial that anything is wrong
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Russ
Super Contributor
I have noticed that spending long periods at my screen induces much of the above behaviour.I have often wondered to what extent adhd in kids is caused by too much similar activity where there is a lot of fast frivolous movement-computer games,cellphone games,TV cartoons etc.I am convinced it plays a big role.The brain seems to get into the habit of working fast and jumping around constantly and it takes a long period of normal (slower) activity before it starts slowing down again.Hence hyperactivity,restlessness and many of the above mentioned symtoms.Interesting post,Namid.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Russ, you're spot on ! Nasty, nasty stuff for little brains. My kid loathes me for not allowing TV during weekdays and banning the playstation from home. I have explained the effects to him and on some level he seems to understand it. Not that he has a choice, poor thing ! but hey, i hope he never needs ritalin !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You BANNED the Playstation!!!!!! No man, woman or child should be required to survive without one. Shame man.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Hmm! So no playstation for the kid but you get to choose between three competing Banderas lookalikes. Hmmmm!
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Hey, when he gets to be old enough to pay his own bills, he can do as he pleases, which I really hope will not include chosing between Banderas' lookalikes ! Jokes aside, I have had to set the example by spending less time in front of the computer, and I have even learned to bowl ( like a girl, of course, but my boy doesn't care)
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Now this sounds like a good investment for the future. Well done.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Now this sounds like a good investment for the future. Well done.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
I don't know, hey? I have not had any calls from any famous cricket coaches yet.
0 Kudos